1. Match the following:
List – I List – II
(Author) (Name of the book)
(a) Soderman i. Fundamentals of criminal investigation
(b) Paul L. Kirk ii. Judicial Photography
(c) O’Hara iii. Modern Criminal Investigation
(d) Rudolph Reise iv. Crime Investigation
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) iii i iv ii
(B) i iv iii ii
(C) iii iv i ii
(D) iv iii i ii
2. Split laceration resembles
(C) Incised wound
(D) Stab wound
3. Which of the following is important for the identification from hair?
(D) All of the above
4. The most prevalent plant fibre is
5. The study of hair is known as
6. In SDS-PAGE electrophoresis, the role of SDS is to
(A) Bind proteins
(B) Denature proteins
(C) Identify proteins
(D) Isolate proteins
7. Which microscope has found wide application for the examination of birefringent material present in soil?
(A) Comparison microscope
(C) Fluorescent microscope
(D) Polarising microscope
8. Rocket Immunoelectrophoresis is also known as
(B) Crossed-over electrophoresis
(C) Laurell technique
(D) Ring test
9. Which of the following officers cannot conduct enquiry into a dowry death?
(A) District Magistrate
(B) Sub Divisional Magistrate
(C) Executive Magistrate
(D) Deputy Superintendent of Police
10. Ninhydrine is used to
(A) Develop latent finger prints
(B) Identify barbiturates
(C) Make gunpowder mixture
(D) Identify the type of fibre
11. First Forensic Science University in India is opened at
12. The evidence of Expert in the Court of Law is recorded in the following order:
(A) Examination in chief, Cross examination, Oath, Questions by Judges.
(B) Oath, Examination chief, Cross examination, Questions by Judges
(C) Questions by Judges, Oath, Cross examination, Examination in Chief
(D) Oath, Questions by Judges, Examination in chief, Cross examination
13. In terms of maximum power, the Courts are in the following ascending order:
(A) C.J.M., Sessions Court, High Court, Supreme Court
(B) Sessions Court, C.J.M., High Court, Supreme Court
(C) Sessions Court, High Court, C.J.M., Supreme Court
(D) Sessions Court, High Court, Supreme Court, C.J.M.
14. Assertion (A): Polilight is used to detect latent fingerprints from the scene of crime.
Reason (R): Non-destructive methods should be used as a first step to detect latent fingerprints.
(A) (A) is correct, but (R) is incorrect.
(B) Both (A) and (R) are correct.
(C) Both (A) and (R) are incorrect.
(D) (R) is correct, but (A) is incorrect.
15. First Fingerprint Bureau was started at Kolkata in the yearwww.netugc.in
16. Which of the following is a type of cuticular scale?
(D) All of the above
17. The most reliable test for detection of semen in the absence of spermatozoa is
(A) Acid phosphatase
(B) Florence test
(C) Prostate specific antigen
18. Which of the following tests is not a catalytic colour test for blood stain?
(B) Tetramethyl benzidine
(C) Adler’s test
(D) Teichman’s test
19. Which of the following contributed to the forensic characterization of blood and other body fluids by DNA fingerprinting?
(A) A.S. Osborn
(B) Calvin Goddard
(C) Alec Jeffreys
(D) A. Bertillon
20. Who is credited for his practical interest in fingerprints as a means of identifying workers to detect duplicate payment of wages?
(A) E.R. Henry
(B) William Herschel
(C) Francis Galton
(D) Henry Faulds
21. ‘Off-its-feet’ is an individual characteristic found in ________
(A) Type script typed with manual typewriters
(B) Inkjet printer printout
(C) Electronic typewriter
(D) Laser printer
22. Measurement of stride is used in
(A) Foot length
(B) Shoe length
(C) Gait pattern
(D) Foot width
23. The following chemical is used for hardening of plaster of Paris cast of tyre mark?
(A) Sodium sulphate
(B) Sodium chloride
(C) Sodium carbonate
(D) Aluminium sulphate
24. The approximate age of iron gallotannate ink on document can be determined with the help of
(B) Colorimetric analysis of ink
(C) Chloride ion diffusion of ink
(D) Change in preservative
25. The following material is most suitable for toolmark casting
(C) Woods metal
26. The angle of tool application should be fixed for making standard marks in
(D) Firing pin
27. Besides silica, the main constituents of dolomite soil is
(A) Aluminium oxide
(B) Ferrous oxide
(C) Calcium magnesium carbonate
(D) Calcium sulphate
28. Birefringence is shown by
(A) Cotton fiber
Answer: (Wrong question)
29. Friction tool marks are prepared by
(d) Firing pin
(A) (a) and (b) are correct
(B) (b) and (c) are correct
(C) (c) and (d) are correct
(D) (a) and (d) are correct
30. Assertion (A): A translucent design impressed into paper during manufacture is called as water mark.
Reason (R): They help in providing information about the origin of paper.
(A) (A) is correct but (R) is incorrect.
(B) (A) is incorrect but (R) is correct.
(C) Both (A) and (R) are correct.
(D) Both (A) and (R) are incorrect.
31. Which of the following is not a psychiatric disorder?
32. Foamy liver is seen in
(A) Alcohol poisoning
(B) Phosphorous poisoning
33. The time limit for exhumation in India iswww.netugc.in
(A) 2 years
(B) 5 years
(C) 10 years
(D) No time limit
34. The earliest putrefactive colour changes after death is noticed over
(A) Cubital fossa
(B) Left iliac fossa
(C) Right iliac fossa
(D) Popliteal fossa
35. Which of the following is a feature in antemortem hanging?
(A) Fracture of hyoid bone
(B) Ligature mark around neck
(C) Protrusion of tongue
(D) Salivary dribbling
36. Singeing of hair around a wound of entry is seen at which range?
(B) Close range
(C) Intermediate range
(D) Long range
37. Match the various sections of Forensic Science Lab with the physical evidence they are examining:
(a) Chemistry i. Ricochet bullet
(b) Physics ii. Insecticides
(c) Toxicology iii. Ink
(d) Ballistics iv. Skid marks
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) iii i ii iv
(B) ii iv iii i
(C) i iv ii iii
(D) iii iv ii i
38. Flaying of the skin is associated with which of the following wounds?
(A) Avulsed laceration
(B) Grazed abrasion
(C) Patterned laceration
(D) Stretch laceration
39. The identification of shot gun is possible when the fired cartridge contains
(A) A shots
(B) B shots
(C) Buck Shots
(D) SSG shots
40. Which of the following sutures of the skull are the first to fuse?
41. Davidson’s body is found in
(C) Red blood cell
42. Corpus delecti means
(A) Body of evidence
(B) Corporal punishment for dereliction of duty
(C) Detection of chemical compounds
(D) Exhumation of corpse
43. Match the following:
(a) Cephalic index i. Age
(b) Carl Pearson’s formula ii. Disputed sex
(c) Gustafson’s method iii. Race
(d) Turner’s syndrome iv. Stature
(a) (b) (c) (d)
(A) i ii iii iv
(B) ii iii iv i
(C) iv i ii iii
(D) iii iv i ii
44. Zeroing is
(A) Distance adjustment to strike the bullet at Bull’s eye of target.
(B) Sight adjustment so that the bullet strikes at Bull’s eye of target.
(C) Distance and sight adjustment to strike the bullet at the target.
(D) Firing at the target without any adjustment
45. The diameter of 16 bore shot gun is
46. Bullet wipe is a term used for
(A) Wiping of bullet by hand before firing.
(B) Wiping of lubricant, soot or other material from the bullet on skin of body.
(C) Cleaning of bullet after fire.
(D) Sticking of blood on bullet after fire through body.
47. Assertion (A): Test bullet and exhibit bullet can be compared under comparison microscope to establish the identity of weapon.
Reason (R): Because firing pin mark on them are identical.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true.
(B) (A) is true but (R) is false.
(C) Both (A) and (R) are false.
(D) (A) is false but (R) is true.
48. In .177 Air gun, the maximum velocity to perforate skin is
(A) 191 ft/sec
(B) 245 ft/sec
(C) 331 ft/sec
(D) 442 ft/sec
49. Thermal fractures on glass sheet are of following type:
(A) Concentric fracture
(B) Wavy fracture
(C) Radial fracture
(D) Tangential fracture
50. In the case of firing through windowpane glass, spiral fractures are found on
(A) Side of impact
(B) Other side of impact
(C) Edge of fractured sheet
(D) Edge of the shattered glass
51. Wads are found in the cartridge of the following firearms:
52. The drug metabolizes in the liver through oxidation, dealkylation and conjugation and the main form of conjugation is with
(A) Glucoronic acid
(B) Sulphuric acid
(C) Glacial acetic acid
(D) Hydrochloric acid
53. Vesication test is done to confirm the identification of following poison:
(A) Markingnut (Semicarpus Anacardium)
54. The magnified effects from the combination of drugs is called
(D) Reverse tolerance
55. The average elimination or ‘burn-off’ rate of alcohol is approximately
(A) 0.5% w/v per hr.
(B) 0.15% w/v per hr.
(C) 0.015% w/v per hr.
(D) 0.05% w/v per hr.
56. Babinski toe sign occurs in which of these drugs?
(C) Chloral hydrate
57. Which of the following teeth are superadded permanent teeth in jaw of an adult?
58. Ten fingerprints classification system is also known as
(A) Fauld’s system
(B) Bertillon’s system
(C) Henry’s system
(D) Galton’s system
59. Which of the following is not classified as Hallucinogen?www.netugc.in
60. Daizy wheel is a type of
(A) Paper feeding system used in printers
(B) Key board system used in printers
(C) Rolling system used in typewriters
(D) Font system used in electronic typewriters
61. Inkjet printer printing can be recognized by
(A) Concentrating droplets
(B) Satellite droplets
(C) Central droplets
(D) Lateral droplets
62. The final purple coloured compound produced during the development of latent fingerprints with ninhydrin is known as ________.
(A) Rutherford purple
(B) Ruheman’s purple
(C) Reinberg purple
(D) Jaffery’s principle
63. Anthropometry is an identification system which is also known as ________
64. Micturition syncope is a condition which occurs due to heavy consumption of
(A) Aluminium phosphide
65. Which of these markers is present in seminal plasma?
(A) Peptidase A
(B) Peptidase C
(C) Peptidase D
66. In Kastle-Mayer test, which of the following reagents are used?
67. Takayama’s test for confirming blood is based on
(A) Haemin crystal formation
(B) Haemochromogen crystal formation
(C) Ferric sulphate crystal formation
(D) Globulin crystal formation
68. Which of the following test is used to determine whether the blood belongs to human or animal?
(A) Benzidine test
(B) Phenolphthalein test
(C) Precipitin test
(D) O-toulidine test
69. Anti-H lectin, is prepared from
(A) Dolichos biflorus seeds
(B) Semecarpus anacardium seeds
(C) Ulex europaeus seeds
(D) Ricinus communis seeds
70. The person having ‘Bombay Blood Group’ has the following in his red blood cells:
(A) ABH antigens
(B) HLA antigens
(C) mt DNA
71. Which of the following is not a base associated with DNA?
72. In an NMR spectra, the relative numbers of protons are depicted by
(A) Number of signals
(B) Position of signals
(C) Intensities of different signals
(D) Splitting of signals
73. An instrument that measures the radiant power of two electromagnetic beams is called as
74. Which of the following is an isotropic substance?
Answer: (Wrong question)
75. The silica gel ‘G’ contains _______ as binder